Our last Mexican recipe for this week is our easy Beef Tostadas!
Our beef tostadas start with a flat, fried corn tortilla that is layered with refried beans, our delicious Mexican shredded beef, two kinds of cheeses, enchilada sauce, plus slices of fresh avocados! Then additional toppings can be added such as lettuce, chopped tomato, red onions, taco sauce, sour cream – or any other fresh ingredients that you prefer!
These beef tostadas are easy and delicious, and served alongside our beans and rice recipe from earlier this week (plus our Mexican brownies for dessert) – a wonderful Mexican-inspired dinner is ready for your family and friends!Print
- 4 corn tortillas
- Corn or peanut oil for frying tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans (see recipe here)
- 1 ½ pounds Mexican shredded beef, (see recipe here)
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- ½ cup enchilada sauce (see recipe here)
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned and cut into 12 slices
- Toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped red onions, sour cream, taco sauce, etc.
- Heat oil in medium wok or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees. Use candy thermometer.
- Drop a single corn tortilla in and fry on both sides until crispy. Repeat for remaining pieces placing them on serving dishes.
- Heat refried beans on stove or in microwave until hot and spread evenly on top of each fried corn tortilla. Heat pulled beef on stove or in microwave until hot and spread evenly on beans. Divide shredded cheese between the four servings. Heat enchilada sauce on stove or in microwave and divided between four servings. Slice and divide the avocado between the four servings then top each with topping of choice such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped red onion, sour cream, taco sauce, etc.
You may also like: