This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our last Mexican recipe for this week is our easy Beef Tostadas!
In Spanish, the word tostada means ‘toasted’ – and in Mexican cuisine, a tostada usually refers to a flat or bowl-shaped tortilla that is deep fried.
Our beef tostadas start with a flat, fried corn tortilla that is layered with refried beans, our delicious Mexican shredded beef, two kinds of cheeses, enchilada sauce, plus slices of fresh avocados! Then additional toppings can be added such as lettuce, chopped tomato, red onions, taco sauce, sour cream – or any other fresh ingredients that you prefer!
These beef tostadas are easy and delicious, and served alongside our beans and rice recipe from earlier this week (plus our Mexican brownies for dessert) – a wonderful Mexican-inspired dinner is ready for your family and friends!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Note: All ingredients (such as the shredded beef, refried beans and enchilada sauce)should be made in advance and heated before serving. The prep and cooking time noted in this recipe does not include the times to prepare each basic ingredient noted here.
- 4 corn tortillas
- Corn or peanut oil for frying tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans (see recipe here)
- 1 1/2 pounds Mexican shredded beef, (see recipe here)
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (see recipe here)
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned and cut into 12 slices
- Toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped red onions, sour cream, taco sauce, etc.
- Heat oil in medium wok or heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees. Use candy thermometer.
- Drop a single corn tortilla in and fry on both sides until crispy. Repeat for remaining pieces placing them on serving dishes.
- Heat refried beans on stove or in microwave until hot and spread evenly on top of each fried corn tortilla. Heat pulled beef on stove or in microwave until hot and spread evenly on beans. Divide shredded cheese between the four servings. Heat enchilada sauce on stove or in microwave and divided between four servings. Slice and divide the avocado between the four servings then top each with topping of choice such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped red onion, sour cream, taco sauce, etc.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment