One of the most popular recipes on A Family Feast is our Chicken Chimichangas. I can totally understand why…it’s a fantastic recipe! But since we published that recipe earlier this year, we’ve had a number of readers write to us asking if we also have a recipe for Beef Chimichangas!
So – to meet popular demand – here it is: Our beef chimichangas are filled with our Mexican shredded beef, plus a blend of Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack cheeses, then deep fried until golden and crispy on the outside. Served with our terrific enchilada sauce – this is a fantastic meal that you and your family will love!
We’re sharing the same restaurant tip that we shared in our earlier recipe – to hold the folded tortilla shells together when frying these beef chimichangas, use a stainless steel bulldog clip (see example here) on each end! Just be sure to buy the stainless steel versions and not the clips that are painted because the paint will come off when you are frying the chimichangas in the oil.Print
Note: The cooking time below does not include the time it takes to cook the Mexican Shredded Beef used in this recipe.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees in a large heavy bottomed pan full enough to cover the chimichangas while cooking.
- Lay out the four tortillas and divide the heated (shredded beef) and two cheeses equally between them.
- Roll tightly from one side to the other and fold over each end and pinch closed with a bull dog clip.
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with heated enchilada sauce.
You may also like: