I’ve mentioned before that I’m a big fan of Weight Watchers – and this delicious recipe for Zesty Chicken with Shallots, Capers and Olives is a perfect example of why I’m such a fan. This is one amazingly delicious recipe – and if you can eat a meal like this and still stay on your diet – it’s a real winner in my opinion!
This recipe, from the Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes: Easy Recipes in 15, 20, and 30 Minutes (Affiliate Link) cookbook is one of our go-to recipes even when we aren’t counting calories (or Weight Watchers points). The chicken is seasoned with rosemary and then combined with a super flavorful sauce made from tomatoes, olives, capers, and shallots. It’s like a trip to a restaurant in the Mediterranean all from the comfort of your own home!
*Disclaimer: I am not compensated by Weight Watchers, nor am I endorsing their program. I just happen to be a fan of their program based on the success that I achieved following their diet program. Their program worked for me, but results for you may vary.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or ½ tablespoon if you are using dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped shallots (1½ large or three small)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 5 pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Pasta of your choice
- Lay out chicken slices and divide salt, pepper and rosemary between front and back of chicken.
- Heat half the oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in two batches using rest of oil for second half, about 2-3 minutes on each side per batch. Set chicken aside.
- Place shallots and garlic in pan and cook for one minute until soft. Add vinegar to deglaze pan.
- When vinegar has evaporated, add wine, tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook over medium to medium high heat 5-8 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add basil and return chicken to pan along with any juices that have leaked out of the chicken and cook for one more minute.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
You may enjoy these other Weight Watchers recipes: