This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We first made these Moo Shu Beef Lettuce Cups back a number of years ago when I was attending Weight Watchers. We love this recipe so much that to this day, it’s still on our regular menu plan!
This is an extremely easy recipe to make. Simply sauté ground beef, onions, garlic and minced fresh ginger together until the beef is cooked. Next, add sliced bok choy, red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms along with a variety of Asian-flavored sauces. (The original recipe simply used some soy sauce to flavor the filling mixture, but we added some additional oyster sauce and a dash of hot sauce to jazz things up a bit!)
The mixture is served in fresh lettuce cups – which keeps this Moo Shu Beef healthy and light. When selecting the lettuce for this recipe – try to find small round heads with soft leaves such as bibb or butter or Boston lettuce. The shape of these lettuce varieties are perfect for holding a scoop of the Moo Shu Beef filling.
Even if you aren’t on the Weight Watchers plan, you’ll still love these Moo Shu Beef Lettuce Cups! You can also feel free to change up the basic recipe – swapping in chicken strips or ground chicken, different cabbage, or other vegetable fillings. And of course, you can also use this flavorful filling in the standard moo shu pancakes. Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Moo Shu Beef Lettuce Cups
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90/10)
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup sliced sweet red bell pepper
- 8 ounce package sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 shake hot sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, optional
- 1 head bibb, butter or Boston lettuce, leaves separated and being careful not to tear
- Spray a large non stick sauté pan with cooking spray, then place pan over medium high heat.
- Add beef, onion, ginger and garlic. Cook 5-7 minutes until beef is browned and onions are soft.
- Add bok choy, pepper, mushrooms, soy sauce, optional hot sauce, optional oyster sauce and cook until bok choy has wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon into the lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like the other Weight Watchers recipes:
Sweet and Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
Farro Salad with Grapes, Goat Cheese and Tarragon Vinaigrette
Leave a Comment