- 8 ounces dry pasta of your choice, we used spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or half that of dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped shallots (about 2 large shallots)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 10 pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil, coarsely cut
- Bring water to boil for pasta and cook while you are cooking the dish. Once done, drain and hold.
- Lay out chicken pieces and divide rosemary, salt and pepper between front and back of chicken pieces.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in two batches using a second tablespoon of oil for the second half of the chicken, about 2-3 minutes on each side per batch. Set chicken aside in a bowl or plate.
- Add the last tablespoon of oil to the same pan and place shallots and garlic in and cook for one minute until soft. Add vinegar to deglaze pan.
- When vinegar has evaporated, add wine, tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook over medium to medium high heat 5-8 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add basil and return chicken to pan along with any juices that have leaked out of the chicken and cook for one more minute.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
4 points per serving (Weight Watchers Winning Points)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 186 calories
- Sodium: 878 mg sodium
- Fat: 4 g total fat
- Saturated Fat: 1 g saturated fat
- Carbohydrates: 8 mg carbohydrates
- Fiber: 1 g dietary fiber
- Protein: 28 g protein
- Cholesterol: 66 mg cholesterol
Keywords: Zesty Chicken With Shallots, Capers and Olives, WW recipe