- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or ½ tablespoon if you are using dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped shallots (1½ large or three small)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 5 pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Pasta of your choice
- Lay out chicken slices and divide salt, pepper and rosemary between front and back of chicken.
- Heat half the oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in two batches using rest of oil for second half, about 2-3 minutes on each side per batch. Set chicken aside.
- Place shallots and garlic in pan and cook for one minute until soft. Add vinegar to deglaze pan.
- When vinegar has evaporated, add wine, tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook over medium to medium high heat 5-8 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add basil and return chicken to pan along with any juices that have leaked out of the chicken and cook for one more minute.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
4 points per serving (Weight Watchers Winning Points)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 186 calories
- Sodium: 878 mg sodium
- Fat: 4 g total fat
- Saturated Fat: 1 g saturated fat
- Carbohydrates: 8 mg carbohydrates
- Fiber: 1 g dietary fiber
- Protein: 28 g protein
- Cholesterol: 66 mg cholesterol