We’re celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday today here in the U.S., and Jack and I wanted to take a quick moment to thank all of you for visiting us here at A Family Feast! While many of you have written to us over the years to thank us for sharing our recipes – really, the pleasure is all ours!
We love what we do here at A Family Feast, but even more so we love helping you – our wonderful readers – create great food in your own kitchens! So thank YOU for visiting us, sharing your comments and feedback, and for trying our recipes!
And – once your Thanksgiving meal has settled and you’re ready for more food – this Turkey Salad with Cranberries and Toasted Pecans is a delicious option for getting another meal out of that leftover turkey! We think this recipe is best with the white breast meat – but this Turkey Salad with Cranberries and Toasted Pecans can also be made with leftover dark meat just as well.
Today’s recipe is a variation of our popular Copycat Willow Tree Chicken Salad recipe – to which we added some finely minced fresh rosemary, toasted pecans and dried cranberries for some additional flavor and crunch. This turkey salad is great served over a bed of greens or on some bread eaten as a sandwich.
P.S. For even more Thanksgiving leftover ideas, click here. And don’t forget to make a homemade turkey stock from your leftover turkey carcass – we share a delicious Cream of Turkey Soup recipe here that is out of this world!Print
Turkey Salad with Cranberries and Toasted Pecans
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 pound cooked turkey meat (white meat is preferable)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vidalia or other sweet onion, extremely finely minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, extremely finely minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a dry sauté pan, over medium heat toast pecans for five minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, place turkey meat.
- Turn to low and blend just long enough to break up the meat so that it gets a little stringy but not pulverized.
- Pour meat into a large mixing bowl and add toasted chopped pecans, rosemary, celery salt, brown sugar, minced onion, minced celery and mayonnaise.
- Mix to combine then fold in dried cranberries and serve chilled.
You may also like: