Potatoes are such a versatile vegetable and these Roasted French-Style Potatoes are a great option when you’re looking for a delicious side dish to serve with roasted meats, or if you’re looking for a little something different to serve with a gourmet burger or sandwich.
There are many different ways to prepare these roasted french-style potatoes. The potatoes can be cut into french-style strips like we’ve done, or cubes, waffle-cut (if you have a mandolin) or even spirals (I so want one of these someday)! We’ve left the skin on the potatoes in this recipe both for flavor as well as added nutrients.
You can get creative and vary the seasonings based on what you have on hand, your family’s preference, or using fresh or dried herbs and spices, as long as you use the correct proportions of oil, wine and potatoes. We think the combination of garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and sage is particularly good on these roasted french-style potatoes – and served with our Roasted Garlic Aioli – this is a side dish your family is sure to love!
- 2 large all-purpose potatoes
- ⅛ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dries sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into French-style strips.
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients including potatoes and mix well.
- Pour onto a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes and roast for another 15-30 minutes until cooked and browned. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the potatoes.
- Serve with our Roasted Garlic Aioli.
You may also like: