We just returned from an end of summer, mini-vacation in Hershey, Pennsylvania (our first time there) and we had a blast! It was a great balance between amusement park (if you are a fast roller-coaster fan, this is the park for you!) and water park (some of the most fun water slides we’ve ever been on!) – plus Hershey’s chocolate pretty much everywhere you looked!
So after days spent surrounded by chocolate – I was inspired to make a wonderful chocolate dessert when we arrived home. I decided on this No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake pie from the Hershey’s Kitchen website – and it’s rich, creamy, chocolaty (of course) and delicious!
This no-bake chocolate cheesecake pie is also really quick to prepare – just melt some Hershey’s chocolate chips and combine it with softened cream cheese and butter, sugar and some non-dairy whipped topping. Pour the mixture into a graham cracker pie crust and refrigerate until firm.
It was the perfect way to use some of the wonderful Hershey’s chocolate we picked up while visiting Hershey Park this past week – and we’re already planning a return trip next summer!
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 ½ cups HERSHEY’s Special Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed - plus additional for serving if desired
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and spread, pressing down firmly, so that you have an even layer in the bottom of the plate and about ½ an inch up the sides. Freeze the crust while you are preparing the pie filling.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at medium power for about 1 minute. Continue to microwave 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until the chips are completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment and at medium speed, beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar and butter until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and with the mixer at low speed, slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate. Mix until completely blended together.
- Replace the paddle attachment of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, and at low speed, fold in the softened whipped topped until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. When ready to serve, cut into slices and serve with additional whipped topping.
You may also like: