Note – This homemade graham cracker crust tends to be a bit crumbly. If you prefer a firmer crust, a packaged graham cracker pie crust may be used.
To make the graham cracker crust
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
To make the pie fulling
- 1 ½ cups HERSHEY’s Special Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed – plus additional for serving if desired
To prepare the pie crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and spread, pressing down firmly, so that you have an even layer in the bottom of the plate and about ½ an inch up the sides. Freeze the crust while you are preparing the pie filling.
To prepare the pie filling
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at medium power for about 1 minute. Continue to microwave 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until the chips are completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment and at medium speed, beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar and butter until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and with the mixer at low speed, slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate. Mix until completely blended together.
- Replace the paddle attachment of your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, and at low speed, fold in the softened whipped topped until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until firm – about 2 hours. When ready to serve, cut into slices and serve with additional whipped topping.