This post is sponsored by Albertsons Supermarkets. All opinions are 100% mine.
Today’s recipe for White Chili with Chicken is a delicious, original recipe that we developed for Albertsons Supermarket as part of their Cans Get You Cooking program.
When you have a well-stocked pantry with a variety of canned ingredients on hand like beans, chicken stock, peppers and chilies, corn and even potatoes – a nutritious and delicious meal like our White Chili with Chicken comes together in just minutes!
Our white chili has tender chunks of chicken in a light broth that is chock-full of vegetables and beans! Some added fresh bell pepper and onion, plus a wonderful blend of herbs and spices make this white chili with chicken incredibly flavorful! We also topped the chili with a splash of fresh lime juice, some fresh cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream for a creamy, citrusy note that perfectly complements the spicy heat in the chili.
Click on over to Albertsons.com for some more canned mealtime inspiration! You may be surprised to learn that:
- Canning is one of the best ways to get food from farm to table because it locks in nutrients at the peak of ripeness just hours after picking.
- Adding canned fruits and vegetables is a great way to add vitamins and minerals to your meals – plus they are convenient to always have on hand.
- Canned foods are a cost-effective option for feeding a family on a budget!
Interested in more chicken recipes? Print
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces (approximately 2 pounds of bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs will yield 1 pound of useable meat)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken stock
- 1 4.25-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 14.5-ounce can white cannellini beans with liquid
- 1 14.5-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can creamed corn
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced potato, drained
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeño, any stems and seeds removed
- 1 pint sour cream
- Fresh lime juice, tortilla chips, sour cream and cilantro (optional as garnish)
- Season both sides of chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat oil over high.
- Add half of the chicken pieces and brown thoroughly on both sides (3-4 minutes on each side). Remove to a bowl or plate and brown the second batch of chicken in the same manner. Remove that batch and add to bowl with first half.
- Lower heat to medium high and add onions and bell peppers. Cook for two minutes and add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken back in with any juices that accumulate along with coriander, oregano, cumin, chili powder, bay leaves, cilantro, chicken stock, chilies, white beans, red beans, creamed corn, diced potato and jalapeño.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heat to hot but not boiling.
- Serve with additional sour cream, additional cilantro, tortilla chips or fresh squeezed lime juice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.