This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tzatziki is a creamy, Greek sauce that is typically served as a condiment for grilled meats, or served as a dip. We served this delicious sauce spooned on top of our grilled Kofta (see that recipe here).
Tzatziki is very simple to make! Just combine plain Greek yogurt, grated (and well-drained) cucumber, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest, chopped fresh dill, salt and pepper, plus a drizzle of olive oil – and you have a fantastic and flavorful condiment that is delicious with so many dishes!
A quick note: Some Tzatziki recipes call for straining the yogurt before mixing in the other ingredients – especially if you plan to serve this as a dip. (We did not strain our yogurt so the consistency is looser – but perfect for spooning over our Kofta.) Alternately, you can purchase a very thick Greek yogurt as your base.
- 1 5.3–ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small English-style cucumber (1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl place yogurt.
- On the small holes of a box grater, grate cucumber, including skin. Place the grated cucumber in your hand and over the sink, squeeze out the liquid. There will be quite a bit.
- Place the cucumber and all other ingredients in with the yogurt and whip to combine.
- Chill and serve with our Kofta recipe.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.