This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 6 uncooked eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 pound maple-flavored bacon
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounce package of button mushrooms, sliced very thin
- 1 small red onion (half chopped and half thinly sliced, divided)
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup water
- In a medium to large sauce pan, fill ¾ full with water and add the one tablespoon of white vinegar. Bring to a boil and gently spoon in the six room temperature raw eggs in shells, being careful not to break the shells. When the water comes back to a boil, time five minutes and shut off burner. Leave the eggs in the hot water for 15 more minutes. Pour off water, shake pan to crack shells and under cool running water, peel the shells from eggs. Slice cooled eggs into about 4-5 slices per egg.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels and crumble or rough chop and set aside. Reserve two tablespoons of the bacon fat and discard the rest.
- Heat the bacon fat over medium heat and sauté the chopped red onion until translucent, about five minutes. Add the white balsamic vinegar and scrape down pan of any brown bits. Add sugar, mustard and water and stir to combine. Remove from heat until ready to serve.
- In one large bowl layer all ingredients or in six individual serving bowls, divide ingredients between each. (Spinach, sliced red onion, sliced mushroom, sliced cooked eggs and crisp crumpled bacon)
- To serve, heat dressing to hot and serve over salad or on the side.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.