This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today’s recipe for Slow Cooker Applesauce with Cranberries is about as simple as a recipe can get! And, it’s also a delicious way to enjoy some of the quintessential flavors and foods of Fall – fresh apples and cranberries!
Just add apple chunks, fresh cranberries, apple cider and some sugar to a slow cooker, along with two cinnamon sticks that add a perfect amount of spice without being too over powering. Give everything a quick stir, turn your crock-pot on for about four hours, and – that’s it!
Once the cooking time has passed, remove the cinnamon sticks and mash the apples and cranberries into the consistency that you want – you can leave the sauce chunkier if you’d like or make it completely smooth. You can also add more sweetness to the applesauce – as written, our recipe is lightly sweet with a touch of tartness from the cranberries, but you can increase the sugar if you prefer a sweeter applesauce.
This slow cooker applesauce with cranberries is a delicious alternative to a traditional apple sauce or cranberry sauce – the best of both worlds! We used a mix of Granny Smith, Cortland and Gala apples in our version (because we had a drawer full of apples that we needed to use up) – but pretty much any variety of apples will work in this recipe!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Slow Cooker Applesauce with Cranberries
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (plus more sugar if you prefer more sweetness)
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker (a medium to large sized slow cooker will work best). Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the cooked mixture. Mash the apples and cranberries with a potato masher until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Stir to thoroughly mix. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour the applesauce with cranberries out of the slow cooker and into a food storage container with a lid. Allow to cool slightly, then refrigerate to cool completely before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment