- 3 to 3½ pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (plus more sugar if you prefer more sweetness)
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker (a medium to large sized slow cooker will work best). Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the cooked mixture. Mash the apples and cranberries with a potato masher until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Stir to thoroughly mix. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour the applesauce with cranberries out of the slow cooker and into a food storage container with a lid. Allow to cool slightly, then refrigerate to cool completely before serving.