This Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes recipe is sponsored by Simply Potatoes®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Also, be sure to enter our giveaway for a Le Creuset Baking Dish (retail value $50). See below for details!
After your family’s Thanksgiving feast – do you often find yourself with a house full of guests visiting for the rest of the weekend? We certainly do – and that’s a good thing of course!
But in between the relaxing and visiting with family and friends – you still have to feed all of those guests! So for us, quick and easy meals made with leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner are just the thing to serve – and that’s when our recipe for Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes comes in handy.
To make this delicious meal, leftover roasted turkey and gravy are spooned over crispy, sautéed diced potatoes, then topped with fresh cheese curds that melt from the heat of the hot gravy – very similar to the popular Canadian dish called poutine.
Our Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes couldn’t be any easier to make thanks to Simply Potatoes.
We used Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions in our recipe today. Simply Potatoes comes in several versatile varieties of cuts including diced, slices and wedges, plus hash browns and mashed potatoes as well. All Simply Potatoes are fresh, never frozen potatoes made with real ingredients. No peeling, shredding, or cutting is required – just open the package and cook in your favorite recipe.
You’ll find Simply Potatoes in the refrigerated section at your local supermarket, and it’s easy to keep some on hand. They taste just as delicious as potatoes you peel and cut yourself – but without all of the work. (There’s nothing wrong with taking a shortcut every now and then!)
Our friends at Simply Potatoes are giving one lucky A Family Feast reader the chance to win a Le Creuset 1 4/5 quart Rectangular Baking Dish in Caribbean Blue. (Retail value $50.00)
To enter, leave a comment below by 11:59 pm on December 11, 2016 and tell me, “What is your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers meal?“
*Giveaway Terms & Conditions: Open to anyone 18 years of age or older with a valid US shipping address. Winner will be randomly selected on Monday, December 12th via random.org from among all entries received. Winner will be contacted by me via email so please be sure to comment using a valid email address where I can reach you!
And, here’s that delicious Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes recipe:Print
Note: This recipe calls for Simply Potatoes Diced with Onion, however you could alternatively purchase Simply Potates Diced (without onion) and add a quarter cup of finely chopped onions to fry up along with the potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 20-ounce bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 1 quart leftover turkey gravy
- 1 pound leftover turkey (white or dark or both)
- 4 ounces cheese curds
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, melt butter in oil over medium high heat.
- Once butter has melted, add potatoes and cover the pan.
- Reduce to medium to medium high and sauté Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Stir every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn heat to high and cook until the potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat gravy and shred turkey into gravy. Heat the mixture to serving temperature.
- To serve, divide potatoes between four servings, top with turkey and gravy and sprinkle the cheese curds over the top and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.