This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes recipe is sponsored by Simply Potatoes®. All opinions are 100% mine.
After your family’s Thanksgiving feast – do you often find yourself with a house full of guests visiting for the rest of the weekend? We certainly do – and that’s a good thing of course!
But in between the relaxing and visiting with family and friends – you still have to feed all of those guests! So for us, quick and easy meals made with leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner are just the thing to serve – and that’s when our recipe for Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes comes in handy.
To make this delicious meal, leftover roasted turkey and gravy are spooned over crispy, sautéed diced potatoes, then topped with fresh cheese curds that melt from the heat of the hot gravy – very similar to the popular Canadian dish called poutine.
Our Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes couldn’t be any easier to make thanks to Simply Potatoes.
We used Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions in our recipe today. Simply Potatoes comes in several versatile varieties of cuts including diced, slices and wedges, plus hash browns and mashed potatoes as well. All Simply Potatoes are fresh, never frozen potatoes made with real ingredients. No peeling, shredding, or cutting is required – just open the package and cook in your favorite recipe.
You’ll find Simply Potatoes in the refrigerated section at your local supermarket, and it’s easy to keep some on hand. They taste just as delicious as potatoes you peel and cut yourself – but without all of the work. (There’s nothing wrong with taking a shortcut every now and then!)
And, here’s that delicious Poutine-Style Turkey, Gravy and Potatoes recipe:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 20–ounce bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 1 quart leftover turkey gravy
- 1 pound leftover turkey (white or dark or both)
- 4 ounces cheese curds
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, melt butter in oil over medium high heat.
- Once butter has melted, add potatoes and cover the pan.
- Reduce to medium to medium high and sauté Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Stir every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn heat to high and cook until the potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat gravy and shred turkey into gravy. Heat the mixture to serving temperature.
- To serve, divide potatoes between four servings, top with turkey and gravy and sprinkle the cheese curds over the top and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.