This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 7-ounce dough balls (see our recipe here, or use your favorite store-bought dough instead)
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ pound white or dark or mixed uncooked chicken, cut into very small pieces
- ½ medium red onion sliced into ¼ inch slices.
- 8 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce or ketchup
- 6 ounces smoked mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- Corn meal and flour for dusting
- If using our dough, let rest two hours at room temperature. If using store bought, bring to room temperature.
- Cook bacon to almost crisp and remove to paper towels to drain. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken pieces to hot bacon fat and cook one to two minutes and remove to paper towels to drain.
- Place onions in same fat and cook until slightly under cooked. (No longer crisp but not fully cooked through). Discard fat.
- Place a grill pan in grill and preheat to hottest your grill can get.
- In a mini food processor (like this one), mix red peppers, olive oil, oregano, tomato paste and BBQ sauce until pureed.
- Sprinkle some flour on your counter and roll each dough into a ten inch round. Dust a pizza peel with corn meal and place one dough circle on the peel.
- Slide dough from peel onto heated grill pan and cook about one minute until dough is stiff and slight grill marks appear on bottom. Repeat for second dough.
- Move grill pan to one side of grill and shut off burner just below pan or turn down to low while keeping the other burners on full. Keep lid closed to retain heat.
- On each semi-cooked dough round, place some of the roasted pepper sauce (may have a little leftover), then top with cooked chicken, cooked onion, cooked bacon and smoked cheese.
- Place on peel and slide into grill pan and cook five to seven minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is just starting to char. Time will depend on your grill.
- Repeat for second pizza, cut and enjoy.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.