This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock, or water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer quinoa for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain any excess cooking liquid (be sure to use a fine-mesh strainer so that the small quinoa grains don’t fall through). Return quinoa to the pot, cover and allow to rest.
- While the quinoa rests, in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. (Be sure to select a sauté pan large enough that the tomatoes will be in a single layer as they cook.)
- Add the garlic to the oil and cook for about 30 seconds – being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently so that all sides of the tomatoes roast evenly, until the tomatoes start to soften and lose their firmness.
- Remove from the heat. Add cooked and rested quinoa to the sauté pan with the tomatoes and toss together. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.