This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tuscan Roasted Potatoes made with olive oil, garlic, plus seasonings and herbs.
This delicious recipe for Tuscan Roasted Potatoes is one that my husband Jack and I brought back with us from our honeymoon. We spent a week after our wedding in the Tuscany region of Italy, attending the Toscana Saporita Cooking School – a magnificent trip of a lifetime! After a fabulous breakfast each morning, we had our daily cooking lesson – learning to prepare a traditional Italian dish or a new cooking technique. Lunch typically consisted of whatever foods we prepared that morning (along with plenty of amazing wines) and after a brief rest, our group would enjoy a local excursion for the afternoon before returning to a wonderful dinner prepared by our talented cooking instructors (oh yes – including more amazing wines!).
It was a fabulous week spent learning to cook new dishes, making new friends, and for us, exploring a new country. This recipe for Tuscan Roasted Potatoes was adapted from one of the recipes we came home with after our week at cooking school. It’s a simple and flavorful way to prepare roasted potatoes with olive oil, wine, garlic and a generous amount of seasonings and herbs. Not only have these Tuscan Roasted Potatoes become one of our favorite recipes, but it also reminds us of our wonderful honeymoon whenever we serve it!
You may enjoy these other Tuscan-inspired recipes:
- Olive Oil & Herb Savory Biscotti
- Tuscan Kale Salad with Oranges, Currants and Feta
- Farro Risotto with Mushrooms and Tuscan Kale
- Farfalle with Italian Sausage and Tuscan Kale
- (Better Than Olive Garden) Zuppa Toscana
- 2 pounds new red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons to brush the pan
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes and put into a large enough bowl to mix. Add oil, wine, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and rosemary. Toss all ingredients to coat potatoes.
- Pour onto a sheet pan and place in oven. Potatoes should be close but not touching to get proper browning. a typical 9 X 12 sheet pan is perfect.
- Roast for 25 minutes and remove from oven. Using a spatula, turn potatoes and return to oven.
- Cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crispy. Cooking time will vary depending on accuracy of oven and size of potatoes. For our photo, we cut them on the larger size and it took an additional 15 minutes to get the right degree of browning. The trick is to get the potato tender before the liquid evaporates and then brown until done without burning the herbs. The final 10-15 minutes are crucial to the perfect potato.
- Remove from oven and adjust seasoning by adding more salt if needed and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.