This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A few months ago, Jack and I went to New York City for a special dinner to celebrate both my birthday and our wedding anniversary. During our trip, we also had the chance to explore the city and we visited some of the local markets for recipe inspiration and kitchen supplies!
While visiting Chelsea Market, I spotted some little amaretti cookies – which I adore – at a great price and immediately bought a few packages to bring home with us! One package of these sweet little cookies got eaten on the drive home – and the other packages have been in our kitchen cabinet just waiting to be used in a delicious recipe like today’s No-Bake Amaretto Truffles.
Now – I should point out that these No-Bake Amaretto Truffles are probably best served as a ‘grown-ups-only’ dessert because they do contain a fair amount of amaretto liqueur in them! But the liqueur combined with the amaretti cookies gives these truffles their wonderfully distinct, almond flavor!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies(If you cannot find, substitute graham crackers but the amaretti cookies are preferable for the best flavor)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds plus another 1/2 cup to roll the truffles in
- 1/4 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup ground golden flax seed (this is available pretty much everywhere but we found it in a club store)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (OK to substitute any nut butter if you wish but almond butter works best)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons amaretto
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl then add to dry bowl. Mix until combined into a sticky dough.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (roll into a log, cut in quarters and each quarter in half and each piece into thirds).
- Roll one at a time between your palms and while still wet and sticky, press into the chopped almonds. Repeat process for each truffle. If the dough dries out before you roll, spray with a small squirt of pan spray and re-roll.
- Store refrigerated.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: