This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our daughter Emma loves art – and at any given moment, she’s drawing a picture or doing some sort of craft project in her spare time! So earlier this year we started sending Emma to art classes taught by a local artist in our town.
Excuse me for a moment while I indulge in a ‘proud Mommy moment’ by showing you some of her art…
Every year Emma’s art teacher, Heidi Mayo, coordinates an annual art exhibit to showcase the incredible talents of her young students! As part of that exhibit each year, every one of Heidi’s students also creates and donates a pastel painting that gets auctioned off at the art exhibit opening party to benefit a very worthy cause!
The opening party was this past weekend – and these Crispy Chocolate Biscoff Truffles were one of two desserts we volunteered to bring to the opening party! Like so many of our original recipes – this one came about from ingredients we had on hand – leftover Biscoff Spread and Biscoff Cookies, as well as Rice Krispies from this recipe, and a bag of chocolate chips. We also wanted to keep it simple and easy to prepare.
And – whenever possible – we try to sneak in some healthy ingredients too! In fact, these crispy chocolate biscoff truffles have a secret, healthy ingredient – quinoa – that was cooked in fruit juice to give it some sweetness and then added to the chocolate/Biscoff filling. The quinoa served as the perfect binder for these no-bake truffles – but you’d never know it’s in there!
All of these Crispy Chocolate Biscoff Truffles were quickly eaten the night of the art show – and we promised we’d share the recipe here as soon as we could!
- ½ cup pomegranate or apple juice
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 24 Biscoff cookies
- ¾ cup Biscoff spread
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a small pan, heat pomegranate or apple juice with water. When it comes to a boil, add quinoa, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Leave the cover on and let sit for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking and resting, place Biscoff cookies into a food processor and pulverize until a fine crumb. In a medium bowl, place one cup of the Biscoff crumbs and save the remainder for rolling the truffles in.
- To the cup of crumbs, add the Biscoff spread, chocolate chips and Rice Krispies. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Once the quinoa has sat for 15 minutes, add the warm quinoa to the mixture in the bowl and stir in quickly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Using a medium scoop (see here), scoop out 24 even balls.
- Lay the remaining ground cookie crumbs in a pie plate and line a small sheet tray with wax paper or parchment.
- Begin rolling each scoop into a round ball using your hands. Then roll into the cookie crumbs and set on the wax paper.
- Once all 24 are finished, place the tray in the refrigerator for an hour to set before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: