- 1¼ cup crushed amaretti cookies(If you cannot find, substitute graham crackers but the amaretti cookies are preferable for the best flavor)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped almonds plus another ½ cup to roll the truffles in
- ¼ cup dried apricots chopped
- ½ cup ground golden flax seed (this is available pretty much everywhere but we found it in a club store)
- ½ cup almond butter (OK to substitute any nut butter if you wish but almond butter works best)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons amaretto
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl then add to dry bowl. Mix until combined into a sticky dough.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (roll into a log, cut in quarters and each quarter in half and each piece into thirds).
- Roll one at a time between your palms and while still wet and sticky, press into the chopped almonds. Repeat process for each truffle. If the dough dries out before you roll, spray with a small squirt of pan spray and re-roll.
- Store refrigerated.