This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup dark rum
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the raisins and rum in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds covered. Remove from the microwave and keep covered until needed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Scrape bowl and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice. With mixer running, slowly add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Add raisins and any liquid and mix just to combine.
- Prepare three cookie sheets with parchment paper and using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out 36 balls onto your counter.
- Place the turbinado into a small low bowl.
- Pick up each dough ball, roll to round, flatten slightly in your hand then press one side into the sugar. Place on prepared sheet trays sugar side up, 12 per pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.