This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of my favorite appetizers has always been prosciutto simply wrapped around a slice of melon. I love a good salty-sweet flavor pairing in just about any kind of dish!
So the other day, I was at the supermarket and walked by a bin of giant cantaloupes, and I started thinking…why not use those same ingredients in a salad? And that, my friends, was the simple inspiration behind today’s Mixed Greens with Prosciutto and Cantaloupe salad.
This fantastic Mixed Greens with Prosciutto and Cantaloupe salad was the perfect answer to my craving for something lighter and healthier to eat – but still super flavorful. We tossed some mixed greens with a fantastic White Balsamic Vinaigrette (see that recipe here), then layered in chunks of sweet, fresh cantaloupe and cut strips of salty prosciutto. A final crumble of goat cheese on top – and this delicious salad is ready to eat!
After I made this Mixed Greens with Prosciutto and Cantaloupe (and after we took the photographs you see here) – my husband Jack immediately devoured half this salad. He also told me that this was one of my best recipe ideas yet! (Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!)
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Mixed Greens with Prosciutto and Cantaloupe
- 4 ounces fresh mixed greens
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe here) or your own favorite vinaigrette
- 1/4 pound very thinly sliced prosciutto (imported), rolled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 medium-sized cantaloupe, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large salad bowl, toss the mixed greens with a light coating of vinaigrette.
- Add the cut prosciutto and cantaloupe pieces and toss again to combine.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with crumbled goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Mixed Greens with Pears, Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries and Spiced Pecans
Prosciutto Wrapped Zucchini Over Melon Pasta
Leave a Comment