This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy, cheesy Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie is loaded with rich and delicious flavor!
It’s funny how it happens…we were doing a refrigerator clean-out before heading out on a quick road trip for a few days. My husband Jack set out to make what he calls “A.I” – a recipe from ‘available ingredients’ in the refrigerator and pantry – and this delicious Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie recipe came to life!
How do you make Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie?
You’ll start by cooking up a box of linguine pasta. While the pasta cooks, saute together pancetta and olive oil in a large skillet, until the pancetta is nice and crispy. Add shallots and garlic, then chopped sun dried tomatoes plus a ladle of the pasta cooking water. Simmer for a few minutes until the tomatoes absorb that pasta water.
And cream and brie to the skillet – stirring to create a creamy sauce. Add cooked pasta, plus grated Parmesan and Romano cheeses and toss together. When ready to serve, add some chopped fresh basil (and more grated cheese if you’d like).
This Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie is pure, delicious comfort food! This rich pasta dish has layer upon layer of deliciousness thanks to the crispy pancetta, super flavorful sun dried tomatoes, and the rich, cheesy cream sauce made with a combination of brie, Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Fresh basil on top adds a nice, bright note that balances the richness of the other ingredients.
This recipe was originally posted here on A Family Feast in February 2013, and we’ve updated the post and photos. Although it started out as “A.I.” this quick, easy and delicious Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie is now one of our go-to recipes when we need a quick weeknight dinner. We think you’ll love it too!
You may like these other Pasta Dishes:
- Chicken Bellagio
- Fettuccine in Cream, Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Pasta with Arugula Cream Sauce
- Chicken Carbonara
- Orzo with Mushrooms, Scallions and Parmesan
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (if packed in oil, drain)
- 1 cup or more of reserved pasta water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces roughly chopped brie
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve one cup or more of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, cook pancetta in olive oil over medium high heat until crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chopped shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add chopped sun dried tomatoes and one cup of reserved pasta water. Simmer over medium heat until water has been absorbed by the tomatoes.
- Add in cream and chopped brie. Stir until brie has melted.
- Add in cooked pasta, Parmesan and Romano cheese and stir to combine. (Add a bit more pasta water as needed to give the dish a creamy consistency.) Cook over medium heat for another minute or two to blend flavors.
- Remove from heat. Toss with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.