- 1 pound linguine
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (if packed in oil, drain)
- 1 cup or more of reserved pasta water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces roughly chopped brie
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve one cup or more of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, cook pancetta in olive oil over medium high heat until crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chopped shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add chopped sun dried tomatoes and one cup of reserved pasta water. Simmer over medium heat until water has been absorbed by the tomatoes.
- Add in cream and chopped brie. Stir until brie has melted.
- Add in cooked pasta, Parmesan and Romano cheese and stir to combine. (Add a bit more pasta water as needed to give the dish a creamy consistency.) Cook over medium heat for another minute or two to blend flavors.
- Remove from heat. Toss with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Keywords: Linguini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Brie