This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2½ cups Italian bread or rolls processed in a food processor until crumbly but not fine. Do not remove crusts.
- ½ cup melted butter plus more to butter the pan
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 Cortland apples, peeled, cored and shredded on the large holes of a box grater (any hard baking apple is fine)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9×9-inch baking pan
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse bread until crumbly but not too fine; a little larger than a grain of rice. Pour into a medium to large bowl.
- Mix in melted butter and both sugars.
- Add baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add eggs, milk and shredded apples (plus any liquid from shredding the apples) into the mixture and stir.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop hot pudding into serving bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.