This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 over-ripe banana, about 4 ounces
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flax seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chai spice mix
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Sliced fruit (we used bananas)
- Honey and cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork or potato masher until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, agave and vanilla and whip until completely incorporated.
- Add all other ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with kitchen pan spray and divide the mixture between the 12 cups using an ice cream scoop.
- Using a tart stamper (see here) or the bottom of a shot glass, stamp the mixture flat then press hard in the center with the tart stamp to make an indentation as deep as you can so that the sides and bottom are about a quarter inch think and the batter pushes up the sides almost to the top of the muffin cup. (Does not have to be perfect)
- Bake for 20 minutes turning pan half way through.
- Remove from oven and let sit cooling on a rack still in the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- With a small knife, run around the inside of the tin to loosen then lift out. Some little bits may stick, but they all should come out relatively clean and whole.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and when ready to serve, fill with yogurt, your favorite fruit and drizzle with honey and dust with cinnamon.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.