This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Flaxseed Twisty Sticks are an easy-to-make, delicious and savory snack – and they are also great served alongside a bowl of soup or a salad!
When my husband Jack decided to make this flaxseed twisty sticks recipe – it was just one of those days at home where he was feeling extra creative in the kitchen and wanted to try making something new! After two attempts – Jack came up with this recipe we’re sharing with you today. These are really delicious and Jack and I both found ourselves going back for more just to snack on these crackers!
So in preparation for sharing this recipe today, I started reading up a little on flaxseed – and was fascinated to learn that is sometimes called one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet!
Flaxseed is full of Omega-3 essential fatty acids – the good fats that have been shown to be heart-healthy. It contains lignans – an antioxidant – more than any other plant foods. And – flaxseed contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, an important component in any healthy diet. With all of these nutrients – flaxseed is gaining a reputation as a food that may reduce risks of certain cancers, as well as cardiovascular disease and lung disease when eaten as part of a healthy diet!
So what better way to get all of those healthy nutrients into your body – than by making our delicious flaxseed twisty sticks? They only take about ten minutes to prepare – then twenty minutes to bake, and you’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy snack or side dish! Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Flaxseed Twisty Sticks
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coarse back pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flaxseed, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano. In a separate container mix milk and oil. Add the wet to the dry and mix by hand until a dough is formed.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper to 9×18 inches. Cut into 36 pieces by cutting into two 9×9 inch sheets and cutting 18 strips out of each sheet. They should be between 1/16 and 1/8 inch thick.
- Twist each one and place on an ungreased sheet pan(s) and bake 10 minutes. Remove and turn each one over and bake for another ten minutes.
- Let cool on pans.
- May be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days (but they are so delicious, they won’t last that long!)
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Healthy Golden Flax Breakfast Cookies
Leave a Comment