This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- Heaping ½ cup ground golden flax seed (about a half cup plus a few tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (quick cook or regular)
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup currants, raisins, golden raisins (or a mix of all three like we did – as long as it totals 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, or by hand, cream cashew butter, agave and coconut sugar until blended and creamy.
- Add flax, cashew milk and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer running, add dry mixture just until a thick cookie dough batter forms, similar in texture to oatmeal cookie dough.
- Stir in currants/raisins by hand.
- Scoop one ounce balls, 12 per pan, onto parchment lined sheet pans and bake for 10 minutes. Bake one pan at a time or if baking more than one at a time, increase baking time.
- Cool on pans for five minutes to set then transfer to cooling racks.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.