We’re always looking for ways to change things up when it comes to kid-friendly meals at home! This Crispy Pretzel Chicken with Parmesan Honey Mustard Sauce combines several favorite flavors and foods together into one terrific dish that both kids and grownups will love!
Our recipe uses some crushed Parmesan and garlic flavored store-bought pretzels in place of traditional bread crumbs and we use that to coat our chicken strips. The pretzel crumbs give these chicken tenders great flavor in a light crispy coating!
But the best part about this recipe – in my opinion – is the Parmesan Honey Mustard Sauce! Seriously – I could eat this sauce by the spoonful – it’s that delicious! It’s creamy and slightly sweet with a mild zing from some Dijon mustard – and it is the absolute best sidekick to the crispy pretzel coated chicken!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large breasts)
- 6 ounces pretzels (we used Snack Factory ‘s Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Crispsone !important; margin:0px !important;” />)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Pan spray
For the Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken into thick strips (about four per breast)
- In a food processor, pulse chips until semi fine then pour onto pie plate.
- In a medium to large bowl mix mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a glass baking dish with pan spray and set aside.
- Dredge each piece of chicken into the mayonnaise mixture then into the crumbs then into the prepared baking dish. Continue until all pieces are in the pan. Spray each piece with pan spray and place the pan in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with a small whisk. Set aside to serve with the chicken.
- Serve each portion with sauce on the side.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: