This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip can be served as a dessert or a sweet side dish. Either way, this creamy treat is always a winner!
Serve this simple, delicious Cream Cheese Fruit Dip at your next get-together. Kids and grownups alike will love this classic, creamy dip.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip combines just a few simple ingredients: softened cream cheese, a touch of brown sugar, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract and marshmallow fluff. It will dress up any fruit tray and will have everyone asking for the recipe!
A little bit tangy, a little bit sweet, Cream Cheese Fruit Dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated before your party. It also comes together quickly and easily and pairs perfectly with just about any fruit you like!
Why You’ll Love our Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- No one can resist our creamy, tangy, delicious dip. It’s that good!
- With just a few ingredients, this recipe is quick and super easy to prepare.
- No complicated kitchen tools required.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cream Cheese – Full fat, reduced fat, or light – any cream cheese will do, but we suggest a full-fat cream cheese for the best results. If you need a non-dairy substitution, you can try almond or cashew cream cheese. For a decadent twist, mascarpone will yield a rich, creamy dip but with a slightly different flavor.
- Vanilla Yogurt – Plain yogurt will work, but you’ll want to add a few extra drops of vanilla extract to the mix. For a fun twist, try a flavored yogurt such as strawberry. There’s no wrong way to make your cream cheese fruit dip!
- Marshmallow Fluff – Fluff adds both sweetness and body to this creamy dip.
- Brown Sugar – Just a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar are mixed into this dip, and it adds a nice, rich sweetness.
Chef’s Tip – Allow your cream cheese to soften to room temperature before mixing – it’s much easier to work with than a chilled block right from the fridge. Cold cream cheese just will not mix with the other ingredients as well.
Special Supplies Needed
- Mixer – A mixer (stand or handheld) is the quickest, easiest tool to use to mix up the dip ingredients – and you’ll want to use the whisk attachment for the fluffiest results. You can whisk the ingredients entirely by hand, but it will take a bit longer and require some good old-fashioned elbow grease. Using fully-softened cream cheese is particularly important if mixing by hand.
How do I make Cream Cheese Fruit Dip?
- Whip – Place softened cream cheese in your mixing bowl. Use a whisk attachment at high speed for 1-2 minutes until soft and creamy. Scrape the bowl throughout the mixing. Add in the brown sugar and whisk again.
- Combine – Next add the yogurt and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix at medium speed for about a minute or so to combine thoroughly.
- Mix – Add the marshmallow fluff to the mixing bowl, then mix on low, just enough to incorporate. (Be careful not to overmix!)
- Chill – Scrape your fruit dip into a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. For a firmer dip, refrigerate overnight.
- Serve – Once chilled, serve with any combination of fruit you like.
Frequently asked Questions
- How do I serve Cream Cheese Fruit Dip? Serve it with any of your favorite fruits! Strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, apples – the sky’s the limit. Serve fruits in a separate dish for dipping, or get creative and arrange them in a fancy pattern directly on top of the dip.
- Can this dip be made ahead of time? Absolutely! In fact, the longer it sits, the better it gets. It needs at least an hour to chill, but longer is totally fine. Chilling overnight will produce a dip that is a bit more firm. A firmer dip is ideal if you plan to arrange the fruit directly on top.
- How do I store this dip? Keep your dip covered and refrigerated for up to a week. (Store the fruit separately).
- Can I use this delicious dip for other things? We thought you’d never ask. Try it on your pancakes or waffles. Add a little granola and fresh fruit and voila— breakfast is served! There’s no limit or rules when it comes to this versatile treat.
You might enjoy these other kid-friendly foods:
- Mac and Cheese Cupcakes
- Fruit Salsa with Lime Tortilla Chips
- Apple Crisp Pizza
- Sloppy Joes
- Fresh Pineapple Peach Smoothie
8-ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature *
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
½ cup whole milk vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
17.5-ounce jar of marshmallow fluff
Place softened cream cheese in a bowl of stand mixer and whisk on high for three minutes, stopping every minute to scrape the sides. Could also use a hand mixer with a whisk attachment.
Add the brown sugar and whisk on high for one minute. Scrape and mix for another minute on high.
Add yogurt and vanilla and whisk for one minute on medium.
Add the fluff and mix on low just long enough to incorporate. You don’t want lumps but don’t want to overmix and deflate the fluff. We switched to a hand whisk for the last few seconds to make sure we didn’t whisk too hard.
Scrape into a serving bowl and refrigerate. We found that the creamy fluffy consistency was good right out of the mixing bowl and after refrigerating overnight, kept its creamy consistency.
Use any combination of fruit to dip such as freshly cut up pineapple, fresh strawberries, grapes, peeled and sliced kiwi, etc.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
*Cream cheese must be softened and at room temperature before starting.