This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 orange (or red or yellow) bell pepper, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 5-6 ears of corn (approximately 4 cups) – See How to Cut Fresh Corn Kernels off the Cob
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Then add the bell pepper to the pan and sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan with the onions and peppers, and allow the butter to melt. Add the corn, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 more minutes. (Be careful not to overcook the corn – you still want it tender but not mushy.)
- Remove the corn from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.