This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post for Edy’s Ice Cream.
There’s a saying, “Laughter is the music of the soul.” And at our house, we laugh everyday – thanks in no small part to my husband Jack who really likes to keep things fun around our home! In addition to Jack being a great cook, he also has a great sense of humor – and even the most common of things are an opportunity to share some everyday smiles!
I’ve mentioned before, that we recently bought a new blender. Among its great features, it has a “smoothie” setting which makes the blender cycle through several different blending speeds such as short pulses and fast frothing.
One day, while making a breakfast smoothie, Jack started to do a dance to the blender’s beat – robot and freeze dancing during the short pulses and then a crazy-fast dance during the frothing! It made all of us laugh – but especially our 6-year-old – and so now, every time we make a smoothie or milkshake in the blender (like this recipe for our Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake), we all start to dance and boogie around the kitchen! (I tried to convince Jack to allow me to take a video of him dancing so I could include it here, but no luck…)
Dancing around the kitchen is just one family ritual that makes us smile – and another is enjoying some delicious Edy’s Slow Churned Ice Cream. Whether you’re blending it up into a delicious chocolate peppermint milkshake like this recipe, or enjoying a homemade ice cream sundae – you can feel good about serving Edy’s to your family. With wholesome ingredients like nonfat milk that’s churned together slowly, you get super rich and creamy ice cream with 1/3 fewer calories than regular ice cream!
Edy’s Slow Churned Ice Cream comes in a variety of delicious flavors that are available all-year round. But – Edy’s also has some amazing Limited Edition seasonal flavors that are only available right now at your grocery store, so be sure to stop by soon to stock up!
- Pumpkin (available now through the end of October): Sweet, pumpkin flavored light ice cream. Celebrate the bounty of harvest with this delicious seasonal treat!
- Peppermint (available through December): Peppermint flavored light ice cream with peppermint candy pieces makes this festive flavor as fun and refreshing as a sleigh ride on a bed of fresh snow.
Tell me – how do you enjoy everyday smiles?
- 6 large scoops (3 cups) Edy’s Slow Churned Peppermint Wonderland Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and crushed peppermint candies, for garnish
- Combine ice cream and milk in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Holding a glass sideways, drizzle chocolate syrup into the glass, rotating the glass so you get a swirl pattern around the glass.
- Pour milk shake into the glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and crushed peppermint candies, if desired
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.
You may also like: