This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This blog post is sponsored by Starbucks®. All opinions are 100% mine. #StarbucksPerfectPairing #AdI don’t mean to brag – but I’m already done with my Christmas shopping! This is actually the first time EVER I’ve been done so early, and I’m ready to relax and enjoy the holiday season. I had a little bit of help this year, and we’re sharing some helpful tips with you too! Our friends at Starbucks have teamed up with Lindt with some perfect pairings of coffee and chocolate that make great gifts this holiday season! (I mean – who wouldn’t love a gift of rich and delicious Starbucks coffee and Lindt chocolate?) Target carries a wide variety of Starbucks coffees and teas, as well as Lindt LINDOR Chocolates (including some Limited Edition holiday favorites) so you’re sure to find a #StarbucksPerfectPairing for everyone on your gift list – and for your own holiday entertaining. Here are some of our favorites:
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Caffé Latte K-Cups and Lindt LINDOR Peppermint Cookie Milk Chocolate Truffles.
Starbucks Holiday Blend with Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles
VIA Peppermint Mocha and Lindt LINDOR Peppermint White Chocolate TrufflesAnd for the tea lovers on your list –
Tazo Chai Classic Latte Concentrate and Lindt LINDOR Peppermint White Chocolate TrufflesAs you wrap up your #StarbucksPerfectPairing, include a cute holiday-themed mug or an insulated travel mug in a festive pattern to complete your gift! I bought all of the Starbucks and Lindt products and the holiday supplies you see in the photos above at my local Target. (You can shop online at Target.com too.) And to help you save a little money this holiday season, Target has some great in-store offers of Starbucks and Lindt products. Click here for all of the details. And, by the way – coffee and chocolate is a great flavor pairing when you’re baking for the holidays too! Our Mocha Cupcakes are easy and delicious. Just mix up your favorite chocolate cake mix – but swap in some brewed Starbucks coffee in place of water in the recipe and you’ll end up with a delicious mocha cupcake. The frosting on these Mocha Cupcakes is also flavored with Starbucks coffee – and a Lindt LINDOR chocolate truffle is the perfect decoration on top!
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix, 15.25 ounce
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup strong brewed Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee
- 1 cup sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup extra strong brewed Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 24 Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Chocolate Truffles (or other favorite flavor)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix the cake mix, eggs, canola oil, and Starbucks coffee then beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 24 muffin tin cups with muffin paper and equally fill each cup with the batter.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Remove to a rack to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by placing butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until the butter is creamy and pale in color, 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift confectioner’s sugar and cocoa together.
- With mixer running on slow, alternate adding powdered sugar mixture, brewed Starbucks coffee and coffee extract.
- Scrape the bowl then beat until creamy, about another minute. Scrape the bowl and paddle again and mix to combine.
- Fill a large pastry bag with a large star tip with the icing and divide between the 24 cupcakes by piping a decorative circle of frosting starting from outside and finishing in the center.
- Place a Lindt LINDOR truffle into the center of each and then sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles over the top and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.