- 1 box devil’s food cake mix, 15.25 ounce
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup strong brewed Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee
- 1 cup sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup extra strong brewed Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 24 Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Chocolate Truffles (or other favorite flavor)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix the cake mix, eggs, canola oil, and Starbucks coffee then beat on medium speed for two minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 24 muffin tin cups with muffin paper and equally fill each cup with the batter.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Remove to a rack to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by placing butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until the butter is creamy and pale in color, 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift confectioner’s sugar and cocoa together.
- With mixer running on slow, alternate adding powdered sugar mixture, brewed Starbucks coffee and coffee extract.
- Scrape the bowl then beat until creamy, about another minute. Scrape the bowl and paddle again and mix to combine.
- Fill a large pastry bag with a large star tip with the icing and divide between the 24 cupcakes by piping a decorative circle of frosting starting from outside and finishing in the center.
- Place a Lindt LINDOR truffle into the center of each and then sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles over the top and serve.