When we started blogging almost two years ago, it was all for fun – and we had no idea that A Family Feast would end up turning into my full-time job, as well as a small family-run business! It’s been very exciting to see this little blog of ours grow, it’s a creative outlet for both Jack and me, we get to eat great food, plus – it’s hugely rewarding to share our recipes with all of you – our wonderful readers!
This vegan Chocolate Banana Smoothie is a recipe originally published on JC’s blog, and it’s a recipe that JC came up with on his own. JC was visiting us a few weekends ago and he asked if we could help him photograph this delicious smoothie to feature over on his blog (and he graciously allowed us to share it here on A Family Feast as well)!
This smoothie is vegan and gluten-free – but even if you aren’t following a special diet like JC’s – you’ll love this light and refreshing smoothie! It’s sweet (but not too sweet) with the perfect balance of chocolate and banana flavor, plus a hint of vanilla!
JC helped us stage these vegan Chocolate Banana Smoothies for the photos you see here, and he also helped man the camera. I think he did a great job! Thanks for sharing your recipe JC!Print
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract (read the bottle, many regular brands are gluten free but some are not)
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree for about one minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
You may also like: