This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.This chicken picatta is quick to prepare and so delicious – it’s the perfect springtime meal!
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon plus another 1/2 lemon sliced thin
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth (or dry white wine)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Pound out the chicken breasts to about ¼ inch thick and cut each breast half in half again so you end up with four servings. Place flour, salt and pepper in a flat dish or plate and dredge the chicken breasts until coated on both sides.
- Over medium high heat in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and one tablespoon of butter until slightly brown and frothy. Place the chicken in the pan and cook about 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Then remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the lemon juice to the pan to deglaze and scrape up any brown bits. Add the lemon slices, vermouth, chicken stock and capers. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the two tablespoons of butter and chopped parsley and check for taste. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and cook just until the chicken is back up to temperature and cooked through.
- Serve immediately over your favorite pasta.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.