This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento Foods, Inc. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you know that only a third of American workers say they actually take a lunch break during the work day? And – another third spend lunchtime eating at their desks?* I admit – I fall into the second group! More often than not – even when I’m working from home – I grab a quick lunch and bring it back to my desk so I can work while I eat. And that’s NOT a good habit at all…no matter how busy I am! I end up eating way too fast and sometimes, I don’t even remember what I’ve eaten!
So we are happy to team up with Sargento as part of their “Take a Real Lunch” program by sharing our delicious recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders made with Sargento Natural Aged Sliced Swiss Cheese. As part of that program, we’re joining in the effort to encourage Americans to Take a Real Lunch to savor natural foods and recipes the way they were meant to be enjoyed! Our chicken cordon bleu sliders are a nod to the flavor combination from a traditional chicken cordon bleu recipe with tender sliced chicken, delicious Virginia ham, a creamy poppy seed honey-mayonnaise sauce spread on soft rolls, and – last but not least – Sargento Natural Aged Swiss cheese slices! All Sargento sliced cheeses are cut from real block cheeses to add delicious flavors to hand-crafted sandwiches like our chicken cordon bleu sliders! Sargento sliced cheeses are available in traditional or Ultra Thin cut, Sargento Natural Sliced Cheeses offer the largest variety of fresh-tasting cheeses, including Deli Style Medium Cheddar and Provolone Cheeses, Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese and Natural Blends Cheddar-Mozzarella Cheese. With a delicious sandwich like our chicken cordon bleu sliders made with Sargento Natural Aged Sliced Swiss cheese, I am going to be sure to savor every bite! (No eating at my desk this time around!) *According to a survey by Right Management.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, sliced (deli chicken may be substituted if desired)
- ½ pound Virginia ham, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Sargento Natural Aged Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 8 slider rolls (3–4 inches in diameter), sliced in half horizontally
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, mix together honey, mustard, mayonnaise and poppy seeds until well blended. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1 tablespoon of butter over the tops of each sliced roll. Wrap sliced rolls in a large piece of foil and place in oven just long enough to warm the rolls (approximately 5-10 minutes).
- Slice pre-cooked chicken into ¼-inch thick inch slices. Cut in half to fit on small rolls if necessary.
- On your cutting board, lay out portions of chicken, top with ham slices then top with Sargento Swiss cheese divided evenly in 8 stacks.
- In a large sauté or grill pan, pour in the remaining one tablespoon of butter and heat over medium heat. With a spatula, pick up each pile of chicken, ham and Swiss, and place in a pan or on a flat grill surface. Place a cover over the pan and heat just until cheese melts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove rolls from the oven. Open each warm roll and spread the mayonnaise mixture on the inside top and bottom. Then slide each heated chicken, ham and cheese portion onto the warmed roll. Place the top of the roll on the sandwich and serve immediately (two sliders per portion).
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.