This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion, cut into half circles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can chick peas, rinsed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Place sliced onions and lemon juice in a small zip lock bag and seal out air. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a large sauté pan place 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat and add beans and sauté for five minutes. Add chick peas and another tablespoon of oil and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until beans are tender. Add garlic, salt, pepper and water and cook for one minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, drain off liquid from onions and add the Dijon whisking to combine. While whisking add remaining tablespoon of oil to make vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl combine cooled pea and bean mixture, marinated onions, chopped parsley, chopped mint and dressing. Stir to combine and cool to room temperature before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.