This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely minced
- ½ pound carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into small bite sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (or both), all fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken stock
- 1 pound all purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 14.5-ounce can kernel corn with liquid
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss one tablespoon of the oil in a small bowl with the sage and carrots and pour out onto a sheet pan. Roast for ten minutes.
- Place squash and another tablespoon of oil along with salt and pepper to the small bowl and pour out onto the carrots and flip with a spatula to mix.
- Roast for ten more minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- While vegetables are roasting, in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil with the butter over medium high heat.
- Once the fat is hot, add about a third of the chicken and cook about five minutes to brown and cook through. Remove to a bowl and cook the another third then finally the last third, adding to the bowl after each batch. Set aside. The chicken should be fully cooked through at this step.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the onions and celery. Cook, stirring often until the onions are translucent, about five to ten minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add flour and cook for two more minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil and add potatoes along with roasted vegetables and all pan drippings. Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring often to make sure the ingredients don’t stick to the pan bottom.
- Add corn with juice along with Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces.
- Add cooked chicken with any liquid that collected in the bowl, stir and add all of the half and half cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and bring just to serving temperature.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.