This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Roasted Salmon with Tomato-Olive Relish is one of those recipes that really delivers on so many levels!
- It’s simple and quick to make – perfect for a busy weeknight family dinner!
- It’s made with healthy, fresh ingredients – perfect if you are watching what you eat!
- It’s gorgeous to look at – impressive enough that you could serve this for a special dinner!
- It’s really, really delicious – I could eat every night of the week and never get tired of eating it!
This roasted salmon with tomato-olive relish has wonderful fresh, Mediterranean-inspired flavor!
To make this dish, fresh salmon is seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano, then roasted in the oven on a bed of sliced shallots. While the salmon is cooking – a simple, fresh relish of chopped tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley is stirred together.
Once the salmon is done – simply serve it with a generous spoonful of the tomato-olive relish on top and a squeeze of lemon! Dinner is served.
Adapted from The Boston Globe.
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 ½ pounds skin on salmon
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or ½ tablespoon dried)
- 1 cup chopped fresh Roma tomatoes (seeds removed)
- ¼ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- Zest from half of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a parchment lined sheet tray, layer bottom with sliced shallots. Place salmon skin side down over shallots. (If your salmon is skinned, place it skinned side down over shallots). Brush on oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano over fish. Place a second piece of parchment paper over salmon, pressing parchment onto salmon surface.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove top parchment. Bake for an additional 6-9 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon filets. They should be just cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, chopped olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and hold until salmon is cooked.
- To serve, place portions of salmon and on serving plates, top with cooked shallots and divide tomato relish over each portion and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: