This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage (or if you can only find sausage links, cut the casings and squeeze out the sausage meet before cooking
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-ounce package frozen butternut (or winter) squash puree, thawed
- 1 cup chunky-style chipotle salsa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 3.5-ounce package goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage and fresh sage – breaking up the pieces of sausage as it cooks into small, bite-sized pieces. Cook the pork completely through until browned and no pink remains. Drain the excess fat, leaving the cooked pork and sage in the saucepan.
- Add the beans, squash, salsa and water to the saucepan with the cooked sausage and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once the chili comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes (again stirring frequently) until the chili thickens.
- Ladle the chili into individual bowls and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.