This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you saw this recipe earlier in the week, then you might have noticed our delicious Baked Haddock with Cashew Cracker Crust served alongside it!
My husband Jack came up with this wonderful recipe for Baked Haddock with Cashew Cracker Crust last week. I was traveling for a few days, so Jack was looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner.
Jack had some toasted cashews on hand, so he coarsely chopped them up – then combined the nuts with some crushed Ritz crackers. Somewhat inspired by this recipe, Jack then coated a filet of haddock with some mayonnaise – and sprinkled the cashew-cracker mixture over the top.
After a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and some freshly ground black pepper, the haddock was baked in the oven for about fifteen minutes – and dinner was ready!
As soon as I returned home from my trip, Jack started raving about how moist and tender his Baked Haddock with Cashew Cracker Crust came out. So I asked him, “Is it blog-worthy?” – the question we always ask ourselves when we make a new recipe at home, and want to decide if it’s delicious enough to share here on A Family Feast.
Jack made this for me over the weekend – and I’m happy to agree – it is definitely blog-worthy! We hope you enjoy it too.
P.S. That Garden Tomato Compote is perfect served alongside this Baked Haddock with Cashew Cracker Crust!
- 1½ pounds fresh skinless haddock filets (try to get large thick pieces if possible)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 15 Ritz crackers, crushed
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place haddock on a foil lined sheet tray brushed with a little oil.
- Toast cashews in a dry pan for about five minutes or until browned, tossing often. Coarsely chop and add to a medium bowl.
- Add crushed Ritz and mayonnaise and mix.
- Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Smear the mayonnaise mixture over the fish, drizzle with the olive oil and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Brown for a few seconds under a broiler and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: