This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Over the last few years, we’ve been invited to some barbecues and parties at the home of one of my husband Jack’s co-workers. Without fail, Glenn and Keri always serve some addictively good food – like today’s Bacon Cheeseburger Dip!
This bacon cheeseburger dip is the perfect appetizer to serve at any game day party! My husband Jack described this as a ‘deconstructed bacon cheeseburger’ – ground beef mixed with all of your favorite burger fixings: melted cheese, ketchup, relish, mustard – and we added some sautéed onions and A-1 Sauce for some additional depth of flavor. Then a sprinkle of crispy bacon on top finishes things off.
All combined – this bacon cheeseburger dip is hard to resist! Enjoy!
- ½ pound bacon, one tablespoon of bacon fat reserved
- ½ pound yellow or sweet onion, cut into medium-sized dice
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup your favorite relish
- 2–3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon A-1 Sauce
- ½ pound sliced American cheese
- Corn chips for dipping
- Cook bacon to crisp and crumble, reserving one tablespoon of bacon fat. Set bacon aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high, add bacon fat and onions. Cook onions 3-5 minutes until soft. Press them to the sides and add ground beef to center and cook, breaking meat apart. Cook until no longer pink.
- Drain meat mixture and return to heat and add ketchup, relish, mustard and A-1 sauce. Lower heat and add cheese and stir until it melts and mixture is hot.
- Pour out into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite corn chips.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: