This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ½ pound bacon, one tablespoon of bacon fat reserved
- ½ pound yellow or sweet onion, cut into medium-sized dice
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup your favorite relish
- 2–3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon A-1 Sauce
- ½ pound sliced American cheese
- Corn chips for dipping
- Cook bacon to crisp and crumble, reserving one tablespoon of bacon fat. Set bacon aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high, add bacon fat and onions. Cook onions 3-5 minutes until soft. Press them to the sides and add ground beef to center and cook, breaking meat apart. Cook until no longer pink.
- Drain meat mixture and return to heat and add ketchup, relish, mustard and A-1 sauce. Lower heat and add cheese and stir until it melts and mixture is hot.
- Pour out into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite corn chips.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.