Today we’re sharing a really fun and different meal idea – a make-your-own Asian Noodle Soup!
The idea behind this recipe is similar to other ‘make-your-own’ types of meals where you provide your dinner guests with a variety of delicious noodles, sauces, vegetables and other toppings. Then each person can combine their favorite ingredients into their idea of the perfect Asian noodle soup!
This recipe uses our Asian chicken stock as the base and its flavor profile is just perfect for this meal. The delicate stock can be flavored with soy sauce, chili paste, fish sauce or any other favorite condiment. Then a delicious array of fresh vegetables, noodles, and meats, seafood or eggs can be added to complete the meal.
What’s also great about this meal is that all of the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time and then assembled very quickly to feed your crowd. It’s a simple idea and a different twist on a ‘make your own’ meal that we’re sure your family and friends will love!Print
- Asian Chicken Stock (or canned chicken stock)
- Your choice of Asian noodles
- Dark, good-quality soy sauce
- Thinly sliced bok choy (blanched for 2 minutes)
- Thinly sliced ham
- Chili paste
- Fish sauce
- Snow peas (blanched for 1 minute)
- Chopped scallions
- Shitake mushrooms (sliced and blanched for 2 minutes)
- Baby spinach (blanched for 30 seconds)
- Other leafy greens (blanched as needed)
- Sunny side up egg
- Hard-boiled egg
- Cooked chicken meat, shredded
- Diced raw shrimp (blanched for 30 seconds)
- Mung bean sprouts
- Sesame oil
- Thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Fresh squeezed lime juice (for garnish)
- Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat chicken stock.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, usually 1-2 minutes
- Prepare toppings of your choice as noted in the ingredients list.
For each serving:
- In a soup bowl, place one teaspoon of a good dark soy sauce. Add one ladle of very hot chicken stock and some cooked noodles.
- Top noodles with any combination of the toppings and pour an additional ladle of very hot stock over.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the top, garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped scallions, stir and enjoy.
You may also like: