This simple Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken is a delicious option for lunch or dinner – and it’s another great recipe that uses that Everyday Asian Dressing recipe we shared earlier this week!
Start with some cooked, shredded chicken that has been flavored with cilantro, scallions, peppercorns and star anise (we show you how to poach it in the recipe below). Then toss the chicken with cooked ramen noodles and fresh vegetables including red onion and sweet bell pepper (we used orange for color but red or yellow are also good options) – plus some fresh cilantro for additional fresh flavor!
Just before serving, simply toss this Asian noodle salad with chicken and with some of the everyday Asian dressing – and serve!
With busy, weekday schedules, we always love it whenever we can get a meal or two (or even three!) out of something that we cook. The recipes we’ve shared with you so far this week (see here, here and here) are a great example of how you can combine different recipes together to create some delicious recipes your family will love!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (two breast halves)
For the Poaching Liquid
- 2 quarts of water
- Small bunch of cilantro
- 2 whole scallions cut in fourths
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1 star anise
For Assembling the Salad
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles (noodles only, season packet discarded)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large or two medium scallions sliced on the bias (tops and bottoms)
- ¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- A few thin slices red onion
- 1 whole orange or red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- Everyday Asian Dressing (see recipe here)
- Trim the breasts of any fat and then run the knife horizontally on each breast butterflying them so the thickness is consistent throughout each piece.
- In a medium pan with a cover, place water, cilantro, scallions, peppercorns and star anise and bring to a boil. Boil covered for two minutes.
- Place the two breasts into the boiling liquid and cover. Keep the flame on until the water just starts to bubble, then shut off flame. Set the timer for five minutes.
- After five minutes remove the chicken to a cutting board and discard blanching liquid. Once cool shred with your fingers, pulling the meat apart into shreds. Set aside.
- Cook Ramen noodles according to package directions but discard flavor packet.
- Drain noodles then rinse under cold water. Drain again, place in a medium bowl and toss with salt.
- Add cooked shredded chicken, scallions, cilantro, red onion and orange bell pepper and toss again.
- Pour our Everyday Asian Dressing over noodles and toss one last time. Serve immediately.
You may also like: