We’re already starting to plan our menu for Cinco de Mayo festivities – and no party would be complete without a fabulous dessert! Our Mexican Brownies are the perfect sweet treat at your next fiesta!
Anytime I make brownies, I use our go-to brownies recipe (the Baker’s Chocolate One Bowl Brownie Recipe) and these Mexican brownies are no exception! Cinnamon as well as a pinch of cayenne both add a warm spiciness to the rich chocolate brownies. Don’t worry…these Mexican brownies are not super spicy. And if you’ve never tried it before – cinnamon and chili pepper added to chocolate is really quite fantastic!
These are dense, fudgy brownies (the best kind of brownies in my opinion) and with the added spices, these Mexican brownies are addictively delicious!Print
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings
- 4 ounces BAKER’S brand unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, making sure that the piece of foil is large enough to allow the ends of the foil to extend up and over the sides of the pan. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and butter and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla, stirring to combine as much as possible (there may be some egg that doesn’t completely mix in – that is perfectly fine).
- Add cinnamon, cayenne and flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not over bake – these are very moist and fudgy brownies.)
- Let cool completely. When cool, use the foil to remove the brownies from the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut before serving.
You may also like: