This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With the heat of summer still on – these No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect thing to make when you want something sweet, but it’s just too hot to turn on the oven!
This is another recipe we found in my mother’s old recipe box – and like all of the other recipes we’ve tried from her collection, these No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are really fantastic!
We’re sharing this recipe today exactly as my mother wrote it down. These No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies take just 15 minutes to prepare – cocoa powder, sugar, milk, butter, quick oats, coconut and walnuts plus some salt and vanilla are mixed together in a sauce pan on top of the stove. Then the mixture is scooped into balls and placed on a cookie sheet, flattened and chilled for about an hour until firm.
Sweet and chewy – and you’d never guess that they weren’t baked in an oven! Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper but leave the oven off.
- In a medium to large sauce pan, add cocoa powder, sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and stir to make sure sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in oats. Add vanilla, coconut and nuts and stir again. (Vanilla should not be added when liquid is cooking as it makes mixture foam, add it after the oats as indicated).
- Let mixture sit on stove off heat for ten minutes then stir again.
- Scoop warm mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheets, 12 per pan. I used a small ice cream scoop.
- Wet your fingers in a little bowl of water and flatten the scoops of mixture down to cookie size, tucking in and smoothing sides with your fingers.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set and enjoy. Keep refrigerated or serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Leave a Comment