This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A few weeks ago, my daughter’s Daisy Girl Scout Troop went on a hayride at a local farm called Bog Hollow. Bog Hollow Farm is a family-owned cranberry bog that has been in business for over 85 years, and in addition to growing and harvesting cranberries, they also offer field trips and pumpkin picking at this time of the year.
During the hayride out to the pumpkin patch, the owner of the farm, Mr. Mathias, suggested to the Daisy Scouts that the next time they make brownies, they should try adding some fresh cranberries to the batter because cranberries in brownies are really delicious! Being the only food blogger in the chaperone group – a few of the parents looked over at me after he said this – so of course, I had to try his suggestion and make some cranberry brownies!
And Mr. Mathias was absolutely correct! I used our long-time, go-to brownie recipe (the Baker’s Chocolate One Bowl Brownie Recipe) and stirred in a cup and a half of fresh, whole cranberries before baking. And – wow – these cranberry brownies are delicious!
These are dense, fudgy brownies (the best kind of brownies in my opinion) and the sweet-tart taste of the cranberries is a wonderful complement to the rich, chocolaty flavor! My husband Jack thinks that these are the best brownies he’s ever eaten – and when I brought these cranberry brownies to our last Daisy meeting, kids and grownups alike loved them too!
- 4 ounces BAKER’S Unsweetened Chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, making sure that the piece of foil is large enough to allow the ends of the foil to extend up and over the sides of the pan. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and butter and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla, stirring to combine as much as possible (there may be some egg that doesn’t completely mix in – that is perfectly fine).
- Add flour and mix thoroughly. Then add the cranberries and stir to evenly combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not over bake – these are very moist and fudgy brownies.)
- Let cool completely. When cool, use the foil to remove the brownies from the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Recipe adapted from the Baker’s One-Bowl Brownies Recipe
You may also enjoy: