This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Even if you aren’t on the Whole30 program, you’re going to love this easy and flavorful side dish: Spaghetti Squash with Pesto.
We heard from so many of you last week after we shared our Whole30 Stuffed Cabbage recipe! You told us that you loved seeing some healthier, low-carb recipe options from us here on A Family Feast, and you wanted to see even more Whole30 recipes. (Happy to oblige!) 🙂
But really – we’re sharing this Whole30 Spaghetti Squash with Pesto recipe simply because it’s delicious!
We tossed cooked spaghetti squash with prepared pesto and diced fresh tomatoes, and we drizzled a little bit of olive oil over the top before serving. Easy, fresh and full of fantastic flavor – this side dish is great served alongside some grilled chicken or steak!
Spaghetti squash is super versatile and easy to cook – you can microwave it like we did in this recipe, or steam, boil or bake it until it is tender and the inside flesh easily pulls apart in spaghetti-like strands.
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Whole 30 Pesto (see recipe here)
- Extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Poke a few holes in the skin of the uncut spaghetti squash with a fork. Place entire uncut squash in the microwave and microwave for 8-10 minutes on high to get skin pliable enough to cut.
- Use a dish towel to remove the squash to your cutting board and cut from end to end in half.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on a plate or platter and microwave on high for about 15 minutes, using five minute intervals. Once the squash is soft, invert and using a fork, pull and scrape the meat from the squash, finishing with a spoon to remove all flesh from shell. Discard the outer shell.
- Toss with tomatoes and pesto and serve. (Note: If your pesto is too thick, add some additional olive oil to loosen it.)
- Optional: Drizzle with olive oil before serving if desired.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: